Tuesday, November 3, 2015

NaNoWriMo!

Last year, I somehow managed to knock out 50,000 words and successfully "win" NaNoWriMo*. I was even pretty pleased with the characters and story I had created; although, as a true Pantser**, it was nothing like what I started out to write.

Then I did nothing. It's still sitting there, on a dusty USB drive, all alone and abandoned.

This year, I am once again going to give it a go. With one major difference; I'm going to keep going when it's over. I am going to actually edit the thing, and attempt to find a home for it. That's what authors do, I hear... write things and then attempt to have them published.

With that said, of course I haven't started yet.

But I'm on it. I just found a French Vanilla coffee that some lovely coffee fairy (yay for thoughtful husband type people!) left in the fridge for me, I've dug out my clunky old laptop, and today I begin. I've got a blank page, and three and a half empty hours in front of me.

Wish me luck!





*National Novel Writing Month. Interested? Check it out here! Maybe sign up to write your own novel!
**Pantser. n. colloq. One who begins without a premeditated plan. (One who writes "by the seat of one's pants").

4 comments:

  1. You won last year!? That's fantastic! Well done! May your en devours this year be ever more fruitful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I'm off to a late start, but I have high hopes. :)

      Delete
  2. Kudos to you for last year! 50K words? That's some feat! And much success for this year's endeavour! Write on :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mona! I'm thinking that after this month, I'll dig it out and work on it some more. I actually wasn't done with the story! :)

      Delete