In case anyone was wondering where I've been, here's a little update:
This month is NaNoWriMo, which I am attempting again after not participating for the past couple of years due to babyosity (not a word, but if it were, it would mean the overwhelmedness of adjusting to another whole person bursting into your life. [overwhelmedness may not be a word either.]). I'm doing fairly well, although I am as of this moment about 8,000 words behind. However! As all NaNoWriMos know, no matter how many words you end up with, it's more than you had before.
I am proud to say that despite that disheartening number, I am going to
persevere and get as close as I can, even though the rest of November is
chock a block full of other stuff that I have to do. Stuff including, but not limited to:
- parent teacher interviews for both kids at different schools.
- preparing for a Christmas craft show where I will be selling crocheted critters, several varieties of handmade Christmas ornaments, and several other nick nacky things.
- having a day with my friends, who I haven't seen in ages, one of whom is about to enter the world of babyosity herself.
- cleaning my shameful pigsty of a house and decorating for Christmas. Yes, I know it's only mid November. Why yes, I have been watching Christmas movies and humming carols since I got back from trick or treating with the girls. Yes, I am one of "those people".
- making time for a doctor's appointment to hopefully figure out why I've felt sick since August.
- planning a birthday party for Beege, who is going to be Twelve in a few weeks. TWELVE.
ANYHOO. It's busy over here guys.
I need to go take advantage of the fact that it appears that Bean may be *knock wood and whistle* settling down for a nap, and go get that word count up.
Talk to you soon,